Monday, December 26, 2005

Daddy's first time


Cole is doing very well. So well that we have been able to hold three days in a row. Saturday, Sunday and today was the first time that Jim was able to hold him. It was a wonderful sight to see. The nurses encouraged Jim to talk to Cole and when he wasn't saying anything, I realized that Jim getting a little emotional looking down at it son. It was very sweet. 40 days ago this honor of holding him seemed so far away, soon we may get to hold him twice day.

Cole is 2.4lbs and 14 3/4 inches long. He is becoming more alert everyday. The nurse said that she held up a white card with black stars and he starred at it for 10 minutes. They are still working on bringing his ventilator settings down, but his feedings are up to 7.5ccs every hour.

Love
Heather

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, when I saw this picture,my first thought was.."what are ya gonna do..cry???..I made myself cry! ha ha!It's a good thing me and Leo weren't there!You must have been prep-ing him for the Rose Bowl Huh? J/K..Seriously,I'm so excited for you and your son.It's been a long patient road, but you're getting there!Congrats Dad! elodia

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful picture. You two actually glow when you hold the baby. I have enough scrapbooking goods momentos and pictures and picked up Cole's scrapbook yesterday. Look Out--I am quickly becoming a most obnoxious grandmother and it's tough carrying those picture albums everywhere I go. It was a wonderful Christmas. I love Elodia's note--I couldn't stop laughing.
Love,
Gramalee

Anonymous said...

This is such a precious moment and you caught it on film! Rhoni

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for all three of you, I love Cole so much already and havnt even met him yet. :o) Im sure you all were excited for his 1st Christmas, and now upcoming New Year. 2006 will be an amazing year for all 3 you guys!

-Nadia

Anonymous said...

Here I thought seeing the kangaroo picture of Heather and Cole were heart warming and brought me to tears and now this. What a picture Jim with you and your beautiful son Cole. I can't wait for the first family photo. That ought to send me over the edge. I am the biggest baby anyway. I hope I stop crying (happy tears) by saturday!! I pray everyday for you all and am so glad all is going so well. He is the best stocking stuffer EVER.

Love,
Great Auntie Dede