Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Cole!

Four years ago today you were born. You were 1 lb 12 ounces and 14 inches long. The NICU nurses gave you the nickname Chicken Little.

I remember you were so small your diaper was barely bigger then a post-it. I remember you were so small that your hand was the same size as your dad's thumb. I remember the first day that I got to hold you longer then 30 seconds. I remember the day we brought you home. I remember the day you took your first steps. I remember the day first day you said Mommy and the first day you said Daddy.

A good friend once told me that a child's personality starts when they are born. I didn't believe her at first, but she was right. You came into this world on your own terms. And each day I'm reminded how strong you are and how far you've come.


Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

4 comments:

Kari said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!!!!

love love love you!!

Kari said...

actually.. i am going to add ONE MORE "HAPPY" and one more "love" - that way there are 4 of each since you are now 4!!!!

Anonymous said...

What an ANGEL simply perfect ANGEL. My love to you beautiful boy. My heart has been so awakened with your precious life.

Great Auntie Dede

Michelle Wood said...

You are right! Cole is an extroidinary kid with a bright future. He is so lucky to have two devoted and loving parents like Jim and Heather. They have been through more than most and have gotten through it all with love, happiness and perseverance and have taught me a lot about parenting, and unconditional love along the way. Happy Birthday Cole and Happy fourth year of being parents Heather and Jim!! We love you all.