Sunday, January 22, 2006

Moving up


Cole is now 3lbs 6oz. We have heard a rumor that they don't let the preemies come home until they are 5lbs, but he is steadily gaining weight. Although he still wears the nasal hose, the oxygen is almost gone. The retina specialist came in for a follow-up and so far Cole will not need any more eye surgery. The nurses have started to consolidate his feedings. Instead of feeding small amounts all day long, he's getting milk a couple hours, and then waiting a couple hours. He's handling it fine, and this would be the next step toward getting his feeding tube removed. He's big enough that the nurses put a shirt on him. Even though it's a newborn size, the shirt is ridiculously baggy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

at the rate he's gaining weight he'll be home before you know it. yay!

i think about you guys all the time :-)

xo

kim t.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that Cole is doing so well! Mom and Dad look very happy. I miss you guys and can't wait to meet Cole soon!

with love,
Michelle Redmond

Anonymous said...

Well at this rate it seems that Cole is trying real hard to be home at the he should have had he been born in Feb. You go Cole!! I love you so much you sweet little cute boy. Tears of JOY are falling for you all the time.

Love,
Great Auntie Dede

Anonymous said...

Everyday I look for good news like this and everyday I ruin my eye makeup. Looking forward to taking lots of pictures for Cole's book.
Love you.
Gramalee

Anonymous said...

Yeah a new update! It really feels like he's almost home. I can't wait ~ I can just imagine how you guys feel. Give him lots of love from his aunt and uncle and his cousin too! rhoni

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Great news, he is looking really good. I love the udpates.
Can't wait to meet him!
Love,
Catherine & Tony

Anonymous said...

atta-boy cole, getting closer to coming home everyday! wonderful news :)
k2