This holiday season has been busy. So busy that I haven't had time to post any holiday pictures. This entry is a big one. So make sure you scroll all the way down.

This holiday season was about traditions. And what better way to start the holidays than decorating sugar cookies.

Cole didn't bother decorating his cookies. He knew the cookie would be just as delicious without the sprinkles.

And Mackenzie quickly learned that shaking the sprinkles directly into her mouth was more efficient.

Cole's last day of school and holiday party was the same day we were suppose to leave for Arizona to visit Jim's parents. But since I'm class mom Cole and I couldn't miss it. And I'm so glad we didn't. It was so much fun to see Cole sitting with his friends, playing on the play ground and singing songs. Last year at this time Cole didn't sing.

It was so fun to watch Mackenzie make herself at home in Cole's class. The teacher had a spare set of bells for Mackenzie to shake while they sang Jingle Bells.

At every class party there is some sort of "art project". This time the kids were suppose to decorate cupcakes with red or white frosting. As you saw from the pictures above Cole isn't into decorating cookies or cupcakes. He would rather cut to the chase and eat the frosting off the knife.

After the class party we hit the road for Arizona. Our 7 hour drive took us 12 hours. As frustrating as that was I'm so happy we didn't miss his class party.
Cole has always had a special connection with his Great Grandma Lilly.

Here are Jim and Mackenzie decorating more sugar cookies at Grandma Fiore's house in Arizona. Mackenzie is an excellent "shaker".

It was so much fun to watch Mackenzie play with her cousin Audrey. They really had a blast with one another.
Another holiday tradition that we started this year was our White Elephant Pizza Party. However, this was the only picture I took. But what a cute one.

On Christmas morning Cole and Mackenzie fought over the new Barbie Jeep.



I got everything I wanted for Christmas, including most of my extended family over for Christmas dinner and a Christmas poker game. Which I won, but even if I lost I was happy to have (most) everyone together again.
As the kids get older I'm finding it very hard to narrow down the pictures. So below is a link to web album that has all of our pictures from this years festivities.
2 comments:
i wish i could comment on every photo - each is so precious... and pardon the chiche... but says a thousand words!!
i am so proud of you for inspiring such wonderful traditions... and so thankful to be included.
happy new year my friend!
Looks like a Very Merry Chirstmas. Glad to be part of it and share it with our families.
Post a Comment