Saturday, November 19, 2005

How it started

So by popular demand, here's updated info on how our world got turned upside down and we turned into parents much sooner than we planned.

Heather's due date was February 24th. Everything was on track for that. Vacations were planned around that, our kitchen being remodeled, Heather's last day at work, etc. She was at 25 weeks, and Saturday afternoon we went to California City to camp with our friends. Early Sunday morning Heather had sharp contraction pains. We attributed them to Braxton-Hicks, or false labor contractions. She had been to see her doctor just a few days before and all was well. The pains subsided by breakfast time.
Monday morning I woke up and asked her how she was feeling. She said she was "alright" but she had pains again and would talk to her doctor. I left early and went to work. When I got there, I checked my email and there was an email from Heather saying that she was told to go to the hospital as a precaution and her doctor would meet her there. I left work knowing this would be a huge waste of time for false labor again.

No comments: